You can find a printable copy of my resumé here.
Tandem (formerly DevMynd), Mar 2019 - present
Tandem is a trusted strategy, design, and technology partner in Chicago and San Francisco. We deliver custom software that inspires people and drives business forward.
- Continue delivering on project lead and senior developer responsibilities
- Manage a team of 5 developers including monthly 1:1s and bi-annual performance reviews
- Coach developers on client engagement, consulting, technical, and leadership skills
- Collaborate with developers to set goals, stay accountable to goals, and identify career opportunities
Senior Software Engineer
Tandem (formerly DevMynd), Dec 2017 - present
- Lead 8 person development team building custom software solutions for enterprise clients
- Work closely with design lead and product owner to set feature roadmap and determine priority and timeline for individual features
- Set and advocate development processes that support the goals of the product team while maintaining code quality and developer productivity
- Architect pragmatic solutions that allow for future extensibility in an agile environment
- Provide empathetic guidance and feedback to the client on product decisions during a project
- Mentor and coach development team members on consulting skills and technical decision making
Chamberlain Group (CGI), Jun 2017 - Dec 2017
Chamberlain Group (CGI) is a global leader in access solutions and products. As the corporate parent company to LiftMaster, Chamberlain, Merlin and Grifco, CGI designs and engineers residential garage door openers, commercial door operators and gate entry systems. CGI's products are connected through their innovative MyQ technology which empowers users to control or monitor their entry points through smartphone access.
- Developed and maintained message oriented middleware system for connected IOT devices.
- Refactored monolithic service into 20+ microservices for device communication to simplify maintenance and code dependencies and make downstream event management more flexible.
- Worked with small team to implement domain driven architecture and migrate microservices into new architecture while maintaining backwards compatibility with legacy services.
Making Waves (formerly Nansen), Mar 2014 - Jun 2017
Making Waves (MW) designs and develops digital services and solutions including portals, e-commerce, intranets, mobile solutions, custom built applications and market communications. MW combines design thinking and advanced technology to create user friendly solutions that engage and excite their audiences.
- Designed extensible framework solution, distributed as Nuget packages, to be used in 20+ web applications allowing more budget allocation for design and implementation of new features.
- Led technical sales process to identify key technical requirements and provide the estimates for use in proposals and statements of work.
- Migrated and redesigned public facing website for national pet food company from proprietary CMS into EPiServer 7.5 resulting in increased extensibility and shorter development cycles.
- Enhanced and maintained EPiServer 6R2 ecommerce site to handle more than 2,000 orders/week.
- Created wide variety of API integrations for client applications, including email management systems, CRM systems, validation and identity protection systems, Google Maps, CASS validation, OpenTable, among others.
- Created custom MVC application to manage more than 2 million customer records in lieu of a CRM system.
Adage Technologies, Jun 2013 - Feb 2014
Adage Technologies is an eCommerce web design and development firm in downtown Chicago.
- Remotely managed world-renowned performing arts client, including project estimations, weekly releases, and client communications.
- Refactored existing purchase path for client to improve performance. Post-launch, the site manages over 3,000 concurrent users in the purchase path with minimal stress; up from 1,500 concurrent users causing the site to crash pre-launch.
- Created EPiServer templates and configuration forms to allow client to independently manage business rules for their website.
- Leveraged Backbone.js library to create framework for displaying user’s Facebook friends’ ticket purchases on performance detail pages and in a select-your-own-seat control.
Perficient, Feb 2012 - Jun 2013
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000® and enterprise customers throughout North America.
- Designed and built social functionality for large hospital intranet using SharePoint 2010 and NewsGator Social Sites.
- Worked with a team of 15 consultants to conduct a company-wide intranet migration process from SharePoint 2010 to 2013.
- Constructed tile framework for major Perficient intranet homepage on SharePoint 2013
Team Leader, Corps Member
Jumpstart is a national early education organization working toward the day every child in America enters kindergarten prepared to succeed. We provide language, literacy, and social-emotional programming for preschool children from under-resourced communities and promote quality early learning for all children.
- Led 6 college students to provide developmentally appropriate educational activities to young children.
- Facilitated team planning meetings and planned and led biweekly in-classroom activities to promote children’s educational development.
DePaul University, Chicago, IL
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Minor in American Sign Language Studies - Summa cum laude
Technologies and Tools